Blog Archive

Take your jealous heart and cast it into stone

At first, sorry if you think this will be a complaining post, but I just have to get this out of my system.

People always, and especially in The Netherlands, have to say their opinions. If they know you or not. That was a reason a couple of years ago, that I was afraid to dress the way I wanted. Now 2 years later I'm not having that problem anymore. Gladly. I'm the person who I want to be, I dress how I want to and I'm proud of myself with what I already reached. It isn't much yet, but I'm proud of it. And I think that's important. That you can be proud of yourself and that you can be you. And I know that everyone will keep their opinions and they might change or not, but sometimes you just have to know when to say it or not. You can ruin someone's happyness with them. The way who someone wants to be. And I hate that. The girls and boys who all look the same, make fun of the one's that are not looking the same. And not all of them are doing that! But a lot are. And why? Because they're jealous that they don't have the guts to do it? Or just because they really think they look ridiculous? My parents always said to me that the people who are doing that are jealous. And maybe they are and maybe they're not. That's something I'll never know, but that subject keeps popping up in my head and I keep repeating the same question. WHY!?

Or the people who think it's ridiculous I have so many expensive shoes and buy them. You can have that opinion, that's okay with me. But don't try to bring me more sense or so. That's not necessary. My parents can do that. I can get really irritated by that. And I'm sorry if I'm bitchy about it, that's not my intention. But it's up to me if I want to buy it or not. It's my money, my choice. And it's also up to me if I want to except a gift from my dad or not. I'm always happy with what he gives me. If it's a movie, a book or a pair of gorgeous shoes. I'm a movie-addict, a book-aholic and a shoe-obsessed person. And thankfull to my dad! As long I'm not going to act as a spoiled brat, like the girls and boys do in 'My sweet 16'! And with what I hear from my friends and boyfriend is that I'm a sweet girl and totally not acting as a spoiled brat. My boyfriend is even suprised I'm not acting like that! One time he even said to me: "if I would get all the things you get, I already would have acted like a spoiled brat".

Again, sorry for my complaining. I just had to throw it out. And another sorry for if I acted bitchie, that really wasn't my intention. Only sometimes I just have to say things and then I don't care how I say it. Now I'm kind of contradicting myself, but what does it matter? It's out of my system and that's important! Now I'm only hoping that not everyone thinks I'm a total bitch right now! Or an arrogant person, because that's one of the things I do mind. I don't mind what people think of what I look, but how they think of me, can still bother me... Have to get over that...

But now my outfit! This is an outfit from 30-12-2008. Today it's exactly a month ago I wore that haha. And today I'm wearing the same dress! Not the same outfit, though. And now I'm going to shut my mouth haha.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
And a little mistake. Which turned out pretty cool if I may say.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Cardigan, Anna van Toor
Dress, H&M
Waistbelt, vintage
White dotted tights, H&M
Wedges, Stella McCartney
Headband, Bijou Brigitte
Necklace, gift
Broche, Bijou Brigitte

Edit:
Now that I've posted this post, I'm a bit scared for the reactions... See, I told you I do care what people think of me! Haha.